Here are some facts that you should consider when planning or booking a day tour in Santa Barbara Wine Country.
- Many chauffeurs and limousine companies also offer a wine country experience but without any tasting fees or gourmet lunch included. Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours will take you to at least three estate wineries (sometimes four) and one small tasting room. This is a total of four paid winery visits. We will take you only to wineries we have tasted at and enjoyed ourselves.
- Some wine tour operators will transport you in an older Ford Van or SUV that is filled to capacity. On Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tour you will be transported in a small group in a newer luxury Mercedes Benz Sprinter or Mercedes Benz Metris van.
- What about lunch? So many companies will simply transport you to wine country without including any meals. Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours offers ten different artisan sandwiches on focaccia or whole wheat bread made to order with many options including vegetarian and gluten free choices. We also offer many different types of salads. In addition, we also include kettle or sun chips, gourmet wine country snacks and desert. We also serve fresh sparkling water and bottled water on each tour.
- Some wine tour operators will demand a mandatory gratuity on all tours. If it is mandatory, then it really is not a gesture of gratitude. Really what you are paying for is a tax on a higher priced tour. Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours is a simple flat rate for it's normal tour with no hidden fees, surprise taxes, or automatic gratuity if you book under eight guests. When you take into account some of the fees some competitors charge, we really are the lowest price offering in Santa Barbara. Despite that, we are truly committed to to delivering you a memorable and fulfilling day.
- Some wine tour companies will promise you a personal and unique wine country experience. However in the fine print, they may carry up to 24 people on a single tour. This really amounts to a bus tour. All of Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours are ten people or less per tour. This allows us to visit more more wineries that can accommodate smaller groups.
- There are a handful of tour companies offering the adventure of an open air Jeep or Humvee. For some looking for that experience this may be a worthwhile adventure. However, there are only a couple of ways to get from Santa Barbara to the Santa Ynez Valley and it usually requires driving at highway speeds. Most offer you a hard bench seat in a vehicle that is not air conditioned, and wind is blowing at highway speeds making it difficult to talk with one another. Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours operates newer (2015-2016) Mercedes Benz Sprinter or Mercedes Benz Metris vans that not only have rear air conditioning with comfortable leather seats, but also have the latest in safety technology to ensure your day is as safe as it can be.
We think it is important for you to know some of the finer details of what we offer and how it truly compares to our competitors when you are shopping for a wine tour. But don't just listen to us, see what our customers are saying about us in our recent reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor. We love Santa Barbara Wine Country and really try to offer an experience that is elevated from most of our competitors.